On October 17th we had the inaugural running of the Catalyst Challenge 5k & 10k.
We have great weather and the fall colors of Cook and Tualatin parks added a nice touch to the event.
- 155 registered runners
- 81 people finished the 5k
- 63 people finished the 10k
- Many first time racers came out to try the event
- We had the Rustvold family out running barefoot and pulling strollers and rickshaws.
- Amazing weather and great course
- More door prizes than should be allowed
- Approximately $4,000 was raised for the Catalyst Parnerships
Our sponsors, Club Sport Oregon, Cornerstone Chiropractic, Road Runner Sports, Clif Bar, Strands, Bear Naked Granola, Sledge Athletic Solutions, Gigi Fit, GNC, Print Sync Inc., Jamba Juice, Al's Garden Centers, Tualatin Haggen Food and Pharmacy, The Gardener's Choice and Banana Blossom Press were amazing and really helped us to put on a first class event.
We would also like to thank the Mary Woodward Ambassadors for coming our and helping to work the aid stations and direct the runners and walkers out on the course.
We look forward to seeing you for the next Catalyst Challenge in the Fall of 2010!