Some adventures in road and trail running.
For Running stuff click here. For Eclipse stuff click here.

Friday, January 11, 2008

Spirit of the Marathon

Thought I would spread the word as this movie looks interesting and is only on for one night so it is easy to miss.

Spirit of the Marathon

From the PR web site:
Spirit of the Marathon is the first ever non-fiction feature film to capture the drama and essence of the famed 26.2 mile running event. Filmed on four continents, the movie brings together a diverse cast of amateur athletes and marathon luminaries.

As six unique stories unfold, each runner prepares for and ultimately faces the challenge of the Chicago Marathon. More than a sports movie, Spirit of the Marathon is an inspirational journey of perseverance and personal triumph; a spectacle that will be embraced by runners and non-runners alike.
I have not seen more than the trailer but I am planning to check out the movie on January 24th as my schedule allows.
I found viewing the trailer on YouTube to be the most reliable:

2 comments:

Tom@RunnersLounge said...

Hi Darin,

I've enjoyed reading about races.

You have some great accomplishments. I PRd at Boston in '05--my only Boston so far! I've BQd again, but not sure I'll be there.

Good luck preparing for 4/21/08.

If you have an interest in meeting other runners, including some of getting ready for Boston, consider joining us at www.runnerslounge.com.

Keep up the great running and posting!

Darin Swanson said...

Hi Tom...thanks. I have subscribed to your blog and will check out the site.