Some adventures in road and trail running.
For Running stuff click here. For Eclipse stuff click here.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Robin Hood Track Club Developmental Track & Field Meet

The third track meet of the year for Tigard Youth Track. We were in nearby Sherwood, OR for the Robin Hood Track club event.

I again ran the first event of the day, the 3000 meters. Slowly getting down to my goal time. Today I posted 11:03:32.
I then ran the 1500 meters. It was tons of fun as most of the guys I was running against were from Tigard Track who I am helping coach. I told them they should try to ensure that they all beat me...about half of them pulled it off! Great job all around, making me and the other coaches proud!
I am learning new respect for doing multiple events at a meet...it is not easy staying loose and ready to pound for the second or third event. Good to know to keep the athletes stretching, striding and jogging inbetween events that can be separated by several hours.
My 1500 meters was at basically the same pace per mile as my 3000...need to keep working on that endurance and stamina.

Leah and Cole both did the long jump. Leah scratched on all three of her jumps...good learning lesson for next time. Cole posted a PR of 6ft 3 inches on his final jump. Better by over a foot...awesome!

Both Cole and Leah did the 400 meters posting personal bests.

To finish up, Leah did the 100 and Cole the 200 meters. Both were a bit tired by this point and we need to learn about timing our bio breaks a little better...hard to run fast with a full bladder :-)

Then I switched into full coaching mode guiding the Tigard 800 meter runners to limber up for their heats. We had many great performances today including PRs. I am excited to keep being a part of working the group up for the next 2 meets leading to state.

Our results page has been updated.

While we were at track, Trisha was out doing her yearly Mother's day race: the Hippie Chick Half. We were bummed not to be there to crew her like last year but such is life with a full calendar. Trisha posted a strong result as she reboots her training to take on the SOB (Siskiyou Out and Back) 50 km in mid July. She met us to watch the second half of the events.

We came home with Leah immediately wanting to head out and practice her long jump after her small siesta in the car to refresh. She did not like not getting any recorded results :-)

I finished up the exercise for the day doing a 5 mile loop from the house that includes 550 ft of climbing. Wahoo...the legs are working! It was fun and I was able to hold 7 min miles. Being a coach and athlete is helping me improve my fitness while helping our Tigard team. Nice.

On to Mother's Day!

No comments: