Some adventures in road and trail running.
For Running stuff click here. For Eclipse stuff click here.

Sunday, July 1, 2007

Happy Canada Day!

July 1st is Canada Day. After church this morning we went to a little get together for Canadians living in Portland. It was well organized and not as cheezy as the gatherings that we went to in Minneapolis. Both Trisha and I won door prizes!

I am still not running (over a week!!!) but we did get out for family bike rides on both Saturday and Sunday.
Saturday we rode about 5 miles on the Fanno Creek trail. The kids did great and my ankle did make any noise at all :-)

Today we did the Portland waterfront including the Eastbank Esplanade. We started at the Old Spaghetti Factory, rode past all the new condo construction and then went to the Steel bridge. We crossed the Steel bridge, continued on the esplanade and returned to the west side using the Hawthorne bridge. Back the Old Spaghetti Factory to use up some race coupons for a dinner. The kids were pretty loopy and laughing hysterically from being tired and hungry but the restaurant was noisy enough I don't think anyone really noticed and we all had a blast!

With the icing, biking, stretching and mobility exercises I have been doing for my ankle I am really looking forward to trying some running next week! Maybe even at the beach!

No comments: